- University of Santa Clara, J.D.
- Magdalen College, Oxford University, England
- San Jose State University, B.A.
- Admitted – State Bar of California
- Business Litigation
- Construction Law / Construction Defect
- Products Liability
- Personal Injury / Property Damage
- Major Trucking & Auto Claims
- Professional Liability
- General Liability – Insurance Defense
Since 2007 Tim has managed FMG’s offices located in California. He has held the highest possible AV Preeminent® rating from Martindale’s nationwide attorney peer review rating since 1993. San Diego Magazine and Law.com both have recognized him as a “Top Lawyer” in the field of Business Law from 2011-present, and he has been listed as a “Recommended Insurance Attorney” by Best’s Review since 2003.
Tim earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in 1979 from San Jose State University where he also participated in intercollegiate sports and spent a semester as an intern in the California State Senate. After working a few years in California’s high-tech Silicon Valley area as an outside sales representative, he pursued his law degree at the Santa Clara University School of Law, which included a semester abroad at Oxford University, England. He earned his Juris Doctor degree from Santa Clara University in 1985.
The majority of Tim’s law practice is devoted to the defense of businesses and individuals along with construction claims, but he also has successfully prosecuted business litigation, collection, personal injury, products liability, and medical malpractice claims. In the course of his legal career he has successfully represented countless insured and self-insured clients up through trial and appeal on personal injury, property damage, breach of contract, unfair business practices and business torts, products liability, major trucking and auto accidents, construction defect, and professional liability claims.
On the business side of the practice, being able to mentor young attorneys is the role he finds most rewarding, and he feels blessed by being able to lead an organization whose members love their work. Throughout his schooling and during his 30+ years of legal practice, he has carried with him the philosophy that while a certain amount of skill and success is natural, most only comes through hard work and dedication.
- California Bar Association & American Bar Association
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Trucking Insurance Defense Association (TIDA)
- SDDL, ASCDC & ADCNC
- California Trucking Association (CTA)
- Lecturer on loss control & trial practice issues