- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D.
- State University of New York at Albany, B.A.
- Admitted – State Bar of California
- Admitted – State Bar of Georgia
- Construction Law / Construction Defect
- General Liability – Insurance Defense
Peer-review rated by Martindale as an AV Preeminent® trial attorney, Jackie is well-known throughout California for her expertise in construction claims and related liability insurance issues. She represents a wide array of clients in complex construction defect litigation matters pending in California and serves as panel counsel for several major insurance carriers and third party administrators. She also is directly retained by many major trades and design professionals in California to advise them on business and insurance issues and to defend them in litigation matters. She has been listed on the Best’s Review panel of “Recommended Attorneys” since 2003. Jackie also has been recognized by San Diego Magazine each year from 2013-2017 with the distinction of being a “Top Lawyer” in San Diego County in the Construction Law category, and she recently served as the nationwide committee co-chair on CLM’s Construction Committee for 2015–2016.
Jackie is a native New Yorker who attended law school at the University of Georgia after graduating magna cum laude at State University of New York, Albany. She started her legal career as a U.S. Navy JAG Corps officer where she prosecuted and defended military claims. After the Navy, Jackie’s legal expertise in construction claims was developed while working 10+ years at one of the premier construction defect firms in California, defending general contractors and developers, followed by working in-house as the Construction Defect Coordinator for a major liability insurer, where she defended claims against construction trades and other design professionals, supervised litigation pending throughout California, and trained and managed staff attorneys and support staff. She returned to private practice in 2000, and in 2003 Jackie became a partner at FMG where she continues to build her burgeoning law practice, specializing in representing a wide array of clients in complex litigation matters.
- California Bar Association & American Bar Association
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance (CLM), Construction & Construction Defect Committees
- San Diego County Bar Association, Construction Law Section
- ASCDC, CALPASC, DRI, NAWIC, SDDL
- Repeat Lecturer on issues involving complex litigation at West Coast Casualty Seminar and MC Consultants Seminar
- Speaker at the 2013 and 2014 Construction CLM Conference
- Co-Chair for 2015 CLM Construction Conference
- Committee Chair (Co-Chair) – CLM Construction Committee
- Committee Chair (Liaison) – CLM Committee Conference Committee
- Committee Chair (Liaison) – CLM Membership Committee