- Thomas Jefferson School of Law (Cum Laude), J.D.
- University of California at Santa Barbara, B.A.
- Admitted – State Bar of California
- Construction Law / Construction Defect
- Real Property Law
- General Liability – Insurance Defense
A partner with FMG since 2004, Elliot currently represents manufacturers of building components and subcontractors in complex construction defect litigation matters pending throughout the State of California. During the course of his practice, Elliot also has worked in many diverse areas of the law including: insurance litigation, personal injury, construction defect, Federal Miller Act Claims, real estate, and business litigation. He holds the AV Preeminent® rating by Martindale’s nationwide attorney peer review and was listed by San Diego Magazine in 2013–2017 as a “Top Lawyer” in the field of Construction Law.
During his first year of law school, Elliot was accepted as a writer on “Law Review,” later serving as an editor. While still in law school, Elliot became a Certified Legal Intern with the Felony Litigation Unit of the San Diego District Attorney’s office, assisting in the prosecution of criminal matters ranging from robbery to murder. He later earned a judicial clerkship with the Superior Court of California in San Diego County.
Elliot is married and the father of two young daughters. He is a San Diego native and an avid hiker and backpacker, with extensive trips into the Eastern Sierras. When he is not exploring the mountains he will be found surfing in La Jolla close to where he lives, or sailing, deep sea fishing, or watching his daughters’ Lacrosse games or ballet performances. Elliot is also an aspiring photographer.
- California Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- San Diego County Bar Association (Litigation & Real Property Sections)
- DRI (Defense Research Institute)
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance (CLM), Construction & Construction Defect Committees
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel