FMG’s Pharmacy Law section is devoted to representing Pharmacists, Pharmacies, Corporate Clients, and Pharmacy Clerks in a wide range of legal matters:
- Enforcement action by the California State Board of Pharmacy, Department of Health Care Services (DHCS), and the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)
- Action by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), and various state pharmacy boards outside California
- Matters involving the Department of Managed Care
- Civil litigation and criminal prosecution
FMG’s Pharmacy Law section also has experience in every aspect of buying, selling, creating, and closing Pharmacies, Wholesalers, and Licensed Sterile Compounding Facilities:
- Partnership Agreements, Operating Agreements, Corporate Bylaws
- Lease Negotiations
- Wholesaler Negotiations
- Licensing requirements:
- CA Board of Pharmacy PHY licensure
- CA Board of Pharmacy LSC licensure
- CA Board of Pharmacy WLS licensure
- National Council for Prescription Drug Program (NCPDP) Provider ID
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Registration Number
- Medi-Cal and Medicare Provider Application
- Business Consulting
- Policies and Procedures Consulting
In addition, FMG has represented various pharmacy trade groups in dealings with the Federal Food and Drug Administration, the Federal Trade Commission, and various state pharmacy boards outside of California.
Important Supporting Documents/Forms/Links
Apply for a Facility License
Apply for a Personal License
AMA Physician Locator
American Health Lawyers Association (ALHA)
eMedicine.com – Instant Access to the Minds of Medicine
DocBoard.org – Find a doctor, file medical complaint, etc.
American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP)
RxList.com – The Internet Drug Index
- Appealing Denial of Licensing Applications by the California Board of Pharmacy - Continue Reading...
- The Necessity of the Pharmacist Expert Witness - Continue Reading...
- Pharmacy Desk Audit - Continue Reading...
- Pharmacy Licensing Board Legal Representation - Continue Reading...
- Policy Procedures for Interpretive Services - Continue Reading...